Hiring the right contractor is essential to get satisfactory repairs on your roof. The problem, however, may be in finding the right one. With a little research and a clear interview process, you can determine which roofer can give you the best work within your budget.
Here are the five most important questions you need to ask roofers before hiring them:
- Do You Provide Written Estimates?Written estimates are among the first things a reputable roofing contractor will provide you. It is usually a free estimate with no obligation on your part whatsoever. Among the items included in estimates are the planned course of action, materials to be used and the duration of the project.
- Can You Provide Me With References?Good roofers should be able to provide potential customers with a list of previous customers. If they are as good as they claim, their work will speak for itself, and satisfied customers will attest to their reputation.
- Do You Offer Warranties?A good roofing contractor always provides warranties for their work. Not only is it a show of confidence in their workmanship, but it also makes customers feel at ease, knowing they have warranty protection.
- Do You Have a Local License?Having a local license assures customers that the roofer can work legally in the area and has the skills to provide a satisfactory job. It’s a good idea to ask for this when you first talk to them to eliminate the risk of hiring a storm chaser.
- Are You Insured?This is something you must insist on to protect yourself from liability. Roof work entails a certain amount of risk. Should accidents occur, the roofing company must provide ample compensation to their workers and coverage for you.
A1 Roofing and Construction provides dependable roofing services to both commercial property and homeowners alike. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, you can count on us to give true value for your money. We serve multiple areas in Rhode Island, including Newport, Providence and Tiverton. Call us today at (401) 265-1019 to get a free estimate.